This week has been tough, so this gratitude list thing is starting to get difficult. One more day to go!
Gratitude list for Fri 28/08/2015
- Being able to open the jam jar – I’m going to take small wins today, and seeing as there are about 3 jars in the fridge that I couldn’t open, I was pretty happy to open this last one. I know the usual tricks – boiling water over the seal, or jamming a knife in underneath, but still – opening it with my own two hands is the most satisfying.
- Grey days – I’m definitely dying for summer to come back, I’m not at all a winter person, however I spent the day at home studying and it was really nice to look out at the grey day through the giant window in the lounge room. The wind was sweeping the tree branches around, and the general feeling was quite cozy indoors.
- When grey days turn sunny – there was some sunshine in the afternoon that cheered me up considerably. And the mornings are starting to lighten earlier and earlier, so I know the sunshine is just around the corner.
- My gym – I don’t know what I’d do without my gym. It is the source of so happiness for me. In the gym I find challenge and triumph. Peace and quiet, plus loud music and instructors yelling. I go through ups and downs, and right now I’m in a bit of a down – still struggling to get the routine I had pre-Korea, but every day I go is a day I spend full of endorphins and satisfaction.
- John Oliver – seeing John Oliver was great, and I got a really pleasant surprise with his opener – Celia Pacquola, she was fantastic. Laughter is good for the health, and doing something fun with Pete after a difficult week was just what we needed.
- My work’s whatsapp chat (funny memes) – I’m so lucky to work with such a funny, close knit group. Even on the days I’m not around, I get to see their hilarity in the group chat on my phone, and it always makes me happy.