Gratitude List Thu 27/08/2015
A full day at work means that a lot of these will be work related.
- Autonomy in the workplace – I’m working on a kind of difficult project at the moment, and came across a stumbling block. I felt disheartened for a brief moment, but I have the time and autonomy at work to go away, think about it, come up with a solution and share it with colleagues. While I don’t think I have the creativity to come up with new ideas on the spot, I appreciate the fact that my job suits my working style.
- My work shares the same values as me – I went to a 1.5 hour seminar on mental health run in the workplace by Beyond Blue. The psychologist who ran it was a great public speaker, and integrated anecdotal stories as well as evidence and facts from the diagnostic statistical manual (DSM). I was thankful that my work takes mental health seriously and that they disseminate credible knowledge.
- Good coffee baristas – The guys at the coffee shop nearby not only make great coffee, but they know how to pronounce and spell my name. Small things, but very much appreciated. After having so much trouble getting decent coffee in Korea, I’m still appreciating the coffee culture in Melbourne.
- My favourite band are going to play one last time together, although they stopped/retired a few years ago. It doesn’t sound like much, but music is incredibly important in my life, and I’ve liked this particular band since I was 11 years old. I can’t wait to see them one more time.
- Being dry when it is raining – lunch time was a bit miserable yesterday, walking around and getting half soaked in the rain. So when it came to home time, I was dreading the walk across the city to Pete’s car. As I was leaving the building, he called and said he was done with work and would be picking me up from my office. The timing was perfect, and I’m thankful for the warm, dry drive home with great company.
- Amelia – I’m so grateful to have Mila in my life and I wish I could see her more. My best friend’s daughter – 2 years old, about 2-3′ tall, is very cute, and adores Pete. Yesterday he got a call from Mila, so when I heard about it later that day I got jealous and had to call her on the way home. We didn’t talk much, but just hearing that voice was enough to make me happy.