Gratitude for Wed 27th August
1. My flexible workplace, where they work around whatever hours I need (I stayed at home and studied yesterday)
2. The privilege of going to uni – it’s not something I could afford when I was younger, and I know there must be many people in the same position
3. 3rd year content – the subjects I’m studying are finally very practical and I can see the long term benefits of studying them
4. Money – I’m very fortunate to live comfortably, and buy whatever we need without stressing about our budget. I try to share this by donating my time, money and effort wherever possible.
5. Our dishwasher – I still remember the time I lived alone without a dishwasher. Washing all the dishes by hand was a tedious waste of time.
6. My friends – even when I don’t see them often, I get messages and pictures sent throughout the day and they always make me happy.
7. Following on from number 6, I’m grateful for my phone and social media/chat apps – I love staying in touch with the people I care about.
8. My cat – it’s amazing how much happiness and well-being pets can bring. Before Pete came along, Missy was my only company at home for a long time. I’m grateful for her furry little face.
9. The ability to cook, access to my kitchen – for 5 weeks in Korea I didn’t have access to a kitchen, so now I’m very appreciative of the ability to cook. Last night I randomly decided to make crispy chicken tenders with a side salad and it was entirely within my control
10. Chocolate – I’ll be grateful for chocolate every day of the week 🙂